Thursday, March 6, 2014

Picking back up

My life...is a whirlwind of activity. I created this blog with the desire to focus on the art I was making, but while that was going on, LIFE was being made!

Maybe I should start here fresh. Maybe you'd like to get to know me a little bit before investing in the time to peruse my artwork?

Okay, so I'm a 33 year old woman.That is the base of my descriptors. I'm a mother. I have one son who is 14 years old. He's a wonderful being, full of creative life force and imagination. He's autistic/aspger's disorder.  He doesn't live with me currently. He lives with my parents for various reasons. I'm also "mothering" two boys who belong to my boyfriend/fiance. They also both have autism...so if anybody is keeping count that's THREE boys all with special needs. It gets LOUD in our house!!

Professionally I'm an RN. I work for a globally present insurance company, which means I sell my soul daily to the corporate beast. I am a case manager for medically fragile children. This population is very much my PASSION.

So that's a very VERY brief bio. I'll reveal more in bits and pieces as we go along in this journey together I'm sure. I always wonder how much to "reveal" in blogs, because you learn early in life to keep yourself distanced from your internet presence. But I want you to see "me" and how my life affects my art process. So we'll see where that line goes.

About me as an artist. I'm not sure yet that I "am" an artist. I know that I make art, but I make it for me, for a few friends and co-workers. I make it as a way to deal with emotional stress. I make it to heal. I make it in my art journals and I make it on cheap canvases to stick up around the house. I've been told I have developed a style, and I think I can definately see it! Still, oftentimes I see bits and pieces from classes I've taken and artists I admire. But...that's okay. I'm still plodding forward. Lately I've been becoming more and more enchanted with little creatures and animals and find them sneaking into my artwork...we'll see where that goes. I'm absolutely in LOVE with Juliette Crane and Mindy Lacefield so maybe I'm absorbing some of their muse into myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment