Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Letraset Pro Markers: An upaid unsolicited review

Okay...I'll start this out with a simple statement. I LOVE these markers. I bought mine on Amazon.com when I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the much beloved copic markers. No...these are NOT exactly like copic markers. I couldn't really tell you the difference because I'm not schooled in such things... but I know copics are freakin' expensive! At over $3 a marker I can't add them to my stash except for a few at a time..on a whim..when I feel splurgish.

So, the Letraset Pro Markers came in a pack of 12 for just over $24. I got two sets, a pastel set and a "Vivid" set and I love them both. I played with them when I first got them, laying down color, then laying another color down over the top of the first. They blend gently together using the blending pen and to some small extent, they are water soluable if you work quickly and immediately after putting the color down. I've found that over paint they smush around nicely with your finger but dry firmly in place. They go over acrylic paint fairly easily with little clogging and they show up fairly well.

Blending and overlaying



The colors are beautiful, bright and vivid as you can see. This was a page just playing around as I watched the Hatfields and McCoys on History. You can see how nicely the colors blend. 

I've bought some of the aqua markers from the same company but I have yet to really try them out. I am definately wanting to get some more sets of these Letraset Pros, and for the price, I can! 




No comments:

Post a Comment